If you or your customers use the cloudstack management UI primarily when working with the cloud infrastructure and/or instances, there’s some pleasant fixes and functionality. CloudStack 4.2 brings a lot of changes but I wanted to point out a few of the notable ones in the UI.
First there are the “Dashboard” additions and fixes.
1. I noticed, for those who have used 4.1.1, was that the “General Alerts” now fit as they should per row. Before there seemed to be a bug which made the alerts text overlap it’s background but it was not a major thing.
2. “Affinity Groups” are now possible from the UI.
3. Multiple “Regions” can now be created from the UI.
4. When adding hosts to a cluster you can now configure them as “Dedicated” for a particular “Domain” and “Account”.
5. You can now add Cisco UCS Managers to a “Zone”.
6. Primary storage can be added at the Zone level.
7. Secondary storage options now lets you add S3 and Swift for templates and ISOs.
8. Dynamic Scaling and Routing options have been added for templates.
9. Loads of supported OSes are supported for templates.
10. Adding a VMware Datacenter gets it’s own button
There are probably a few UI changes that I have not noticed yet so if you think I’ve missed some please let me know by commenting on the post. I have also added a few pics. Here is a list of more changes that comes with the 4.2 release. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/4.2+Design+Documents