The app scans the homedir directory you choose and checks the name of the homedir folders to accounts in AD. For this to be useful the homedir folders should have the same name as the users logon. I created this tool for file server cleanup of old, none used data and homedirs after the Active Directory users have been disabled or deleted. Our file servers are always running into space issues so being able to reclaim space quickly and remove old employee data helps reclaim space that would other wise be wasted. Note: This only works for homedir directory folders. If you run this on none homedir folder it will rename all of your folders.
- This tool is very simple. Just browse to the directory with the homedirs and click the “Sweep!” button.
- If the homedir does not match a user logon in Active Directory it will change the folder name to “None_foldername”.
- If the homedir does have a match but the account is disabled it will change the folder name to “Disabled_foldername”.
- If the homedir has an active account in Active Directory nothing will change.
- A log is created and details the changes that may have occurred.
- By default, the domain controller that the system the app is running on authenticated with will be used to verify the user accounts.