The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the 4.5.1 release of the CloudStack, the cloud orchestration platform. The 4.5.1 release contains more than 500 bug fixes since the 4.4 release.
What’s new in CloudStack 4.5:
NuageVsp Network Plugin
Bind integration with Globo DNSAPI
SAML 2.0 Plugin
Managed storage for KVM
Improved CloudByte Storage Plugin
Use SSH for commands sent to Virtual-Router
Baremetal Advanced Networking Support
Instance Password Generation length can now be changed
- UI keep advanced search parameters visible after search has been run
- UI Add new vGPU types K160Q, K180Q, K280Q
- LXC storage migration for LXC VMs fixed
- Use of MariaDB as cloudstack management server database
- System VM password reset now supported
- Root volume detach support
- System VM local storage setting system.vm.use.local.storage is configurable at zone level
- Ability to set CPU features for user vms on KVM using guest.cpu.features property
- A threaded Python based password server that consumes less RAM and CPU
- VMFS support in VMWare
- XenServer 6.5 support
- Separate /var/log partition in SystemVM template
- VMXNET3 nic adapter support for KVM
- nicAdapter VM detail is configurable for VMWare to set custom nic adapter
- New secure and default user authenticator: PBKDF2-SHA-256
- Resize volume support on KVM
The 4.5.1 release notes includes full list of corrected issues as well as upgrade instructions from previous versions of Apache CloudStack. Please see the Release Notes for a full list of corrected issues and upgrade instructions:
The official installation, administration and API documentation for each release are available on our Documentation Page.
The official source code for the 4.5.1 release can be downloaded from our Downloads Page.
And don’t forget to check out the compatibility matrix.