cldstk-deploy is a tool I created with a main objective of making Apache Cloudstack deployments so simple a caveman could do it. I think in most cases I hit the mark but in my efforts to get it done quick I rushed the coding. So now I’ve been focusing on cleaning it up as much as possible.
Along with cleaning up the code I’ve been adding more validation, help information and I’m also thinking of removing the dependency for node.js so that I’m only using python modules. Not that there’s anything wrong with node.js but I’m trying to keep the languages down to a minimum. I’ll still leverage Ansible since it great at doing all the heavy lifting.
A few more things I’d like to do with cldstk-deploy are:
- replace node.js and express with Flask
- support updates to current deployments
- make deployments into jobs to make rerunning deployments easy
- improved UI functionality
- support CentOS 7 with 4.5.x cloudstack deployments
- support Ubuntu deployments **not hopeful
If you use the tool I’d love to get your thoughts and feedback on what you’d like to see that I’ve not mentioned.
Not sure why it took so long but my focus is back.